Porous Paver – Gravel Infill
T-PAVE TP40 is a porous paver that can provide a solution to a wide range of trafficking needs, especially in providing astable, free draining pavement surface that retains gravel in situ. The application might be a gravel car park, an emergency access route or wheelchair/disabled access path. T-PAVE TP40 plastic paving grids have been designed, using carefully selected recycled plastics, to meet the demands and loadings imposed across a wide range of end requirements and site conditions.
Applications / Uses;-
* Gravel car parking
* Overflow car parks
* Wheelchair / disabled access paths
* Free draining pedestrian paths
* Fire access roads / lanes
* Cycle paths
* Access routes and roads
* Drives and Driveways
T-PAVE TP40 porous plastic pavers can be filled with a 5mm to 20mm mixed sharp angular aggregate/gravel to give a very stable, hardworking and free draining working surface. The design of T-PAVE TP40 plastic porous pavers allows excellent interlock with the gravel resisting and negating dynamic and lateral loadings so the gravel and paver remains in situ with little or no maintenance requirements. The retained gravel finish, when installed correctly will provide a hard-wearing, robust and permeable free draining surface that would have an expected lifetime of many years. Please see our installation and design guidance documents for further information.
T-PAVE TP40 porous pavers are supplied in easy to handle square grids which interlock with adjacent paving grids to create a stable and robust surface. The plastic pavers have a 40mm deep open honeycomb structure which promotes and allows excellent interlock between angular stone/gravel particles where a gravel pavement is required. Pavers have integral 25mm ground spikes that provide additional support and negate lateral displacement which is key where moving vehicles are in operation.
T-PAVE TP40 paving grids have been manufactured using specially selected 100% recycled plastics that have the qualities that are required for a strong, long-lasting, stable product suitable for the designed traffic load. These include;-
* UV stabilisation to stop degradation by sunlight.
* Tested to 250T/m², capable of withstanding cars, vans, trucks and lorries.
* Paver profile allows expansion on warmer days or in direct sunlight when required to stop lifting.
* Plastic selection to allow use in cold temperatures – some plastic will become fragile when cold.
* Open structure to allow unhindered water permeability.
* Paver design maximises support and stability from either a gravel or a grass root structure.
* All plastics used are stable, chemically inert and are not toxic so are suitable for normal soil conditions.
T-PAVE TP40 porous plastic paving grids have been designed to meet the demands laid down by local government regarding flood alleviation and SUDS requirements (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems). T-PAVE TP40 pavers provide a porous / permeable pavement surface that allows rainwater / flood water to infiltrate through the paver surface and fill material into the subgrade below. TERRABLUE TP40 can be used as part of a source control layer within a SUDS design.